As of September 1, 2022, five Microsoft 365 nonprofit licenses will increase. This occurs 6-month after commercial license increase to allow transition time from on-prem to cloud in a cloud-first program announced last year.
This is the first significant price increase for Microsoft in over a decade. Since the initial release of Office 365 in 2011, Microsoft added 24 new apps and more than 1,400 features like Teams, encryption and automation.
The price increase will impact nonprofit customers across all licensing channels (ex. volume, CSP and web direct) and billing options (ex monthly or annually). Software Assurance licensing increases also. The price change will NOT affect any offers available as a grant, Viva modules or stand-alone SKUs like Microsoft 365 E5 Security. Those under grants still include 10 licenses of Microsoft 365 Business Premium, 300 licenses of Microsoft 365 Business Basic, and 2,000 licenses of Microsoft Office 365 E1 via Enterprise Agreement.
Updated pricing for the following nonprofit product licenses will be:
- Microsoft Office 365 E1: from $2.00 to $2.50 USD
- Microsoft Office 365 E3: from $4.50 to $5.75 USD
- Microsoft Office 365 E5: from $14.00 to $15.20 USD
- Microsoft 365 E3: from $8.00 to $9.00 USD
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium: from $5.00 to $5.50 USD
These price increases will apply globally, with local market adjustments for certain regions. Microsoft continue to provide nonprofits discounts of up to 75 percent on many other Microsoft 365 products.
There are NO price changes for Microsoft 365 E5, Microsoft Business Standard, or the Frontline SKUs.
Other Microsoft License Changes
Microsoft has already extended to other licensing the unlimited audio-conferencing dial-in from over 70 countries on virtually any device. Audio-Conferencing is an add-on SKU ($0).
- Enterprise: Microsoft 365 E3, Office 365 E3, Office 365 E1 (already include with M/Office 365 E5)
- Frontline: Microsoft 365 F3, Microsoft 365 F1, Office 365 F3
- SMB: Microsoft 365 Business Basic, Business Standard, Business Premium
There are no changes to Communication Credits.
Microsoft Defender is now included in the Microsoft 365 Suite. This includes Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 1 and Defender for Business.
The AME Group is a Gold Microsoft Partner.
Are you looking to migrate to Microsoft 365? We can help make that transition smooth and successful. Contact Us Today.